Forms and Applications
Ready To Get Started?
Setting up your Southcoast Community Bank account is easy—simply download the Switch Kit below and you're on your way!
Financial Information Resources
MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education. Whether you are buying a home, balancing your checkbook, or investing in your 401(k), the resources on www.MyMoney.gov can help you maximize your financial decisions.
When it comes to guarding against identity theft, perhaps the most important tool at your disposal is your credit report. It details all of you credit transaction accounts and will be the first place that unusual charges or entirely new accounts will appear. To order your free credit report, go to the only authorized source at www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling 1-877-322-8228.
Southcoast Community Bank has taken steps to provide you with a safe and secure online banking environment. You can learn more about these protections on our Security Page. However, there are some steps that you can take to further protect your financial information.
- Make sure that you have enabled account alerts in your Internet Banking profile. You will receive an email anytime there are changes made to your profile so that you can verify they were conducted by you.
- Periodically review your account activity using the online transaction history to review for unauthorized activity. The Federal Reserve Board's Regulation E provides certain protections against Internet banking losses on consumer accounts provided these losses are reported to the institution in a timely manner. By law, these protections are not extended to business accounts. In general, these rules state that if you report losses within 2 days, your liability is limited to the first $50. After two days, your liability can increase up to the full amount of the loss.
- Maintain up-to-date operating system security patches and virus/spyware protection software.
- Implement firewall and intrusion detection/prevention software or services on your home network.
- Always keep your Internet Banking credentials confidential. Remember, Southcoast Community Bank will never contact you and request your online banking credentials. If you receive a request for this information over the phone or online, do not provide it. Contact your local branch immediately.
- For business customers, consider conducting a risk assessment and controls evaluation on your online banking activities on a periodic basis. If you would like to discuss further how to implement these processes in your company, please contact Noel Ahearn at (843) 884-0504 or email@example.com.
- If you encounter any suspicious activity related to your online banking account, or experience any unauthorized activity on your account, please contact your local branch immediately.
For more information on how to protect your financial information online, please visit the following websites: